Monday, July 20, 2009

Fun Weekend

The de Jong family had a good time this weekend!

A few weeks ago (maybe a few months now!) I sold my new sling on CraigsList. The mom who bought it actually lives about a mile away from us and invited me to a "Mommy and Me" group for women in Green. They have a website, and I'd been lurking for awhile but hadn't posted or attended any events. I'm a little intimidated meeting new people, and, with the head injury and being a new mom, I really don't get out much. I miss my 5-mile radius of comfort in Grand Rapids since my friends are much more spread out here in Ohio. So, I was really excited about meeting new friends who are closer, but was having a hard time getting motivated to meet them!

Friday they were a Mommy's Night Out. I thought that would be a good first event because I wouldn't be distracted with Daniel. I introduced myself on the board a few weeks ago and knew a few names. Friday night, Niels pushed me out the door and away I went! I ended up having a great time. All the women were very friendly and spent most of the night talking to two or three women.

I came home and told Niels about it and told that they also had Family Night Out and that I'd like to do those with him. The next night we had our first opportunity. One of the women I spoke to for quite awhile on Friday is a doing the 3-day for Breast Cancer. She planned a "Bowling for Boobies" fundraiser. We called our friend, Ashley, to help with Daniel-watch and away we went.

Daniel wasn't a huge fan of the bowling alley, though he was quite enamoured with the pink balloons. He did charm everyone he met though (of course!). The bowling was pretty entertaining. I don't think any of us will be joining the pro tour soon!

Auntie Ashley with Daniel
Family Portrait
Sunday was a very low key day. I don't do things two days in a row very often, for good reason. I was beat!

No comments: