Saturday, January 14, 2012

It's the end of the my 30s...

Today is my last day in my thirties. Happily, 40 doesn't seem to bother me as much as 30 did. Perhaps because, other than sustaining my TBI and the fun that went with it, my thirties were pretty fantastic. I started out in a career I loved, my first book was published, I was under contract for a second, I was a home owner, I had a sweet puppy dog, and best of all, I met and married my best friend, and our lives were blessed with the arrival of our little boy.

As I think ahead to the next twelve months as a forty-year-old, I see a pretty awesome year ahead. I look forward to, in no particular order.

  1. Moving into our dream house.
  2. Celebrating five years of wedded bliss with the most wonderful husband I could have ever imagined.
  3. Believing that my current treatment plan, combined with the brain-injury-friendly plans we incorporated into the new house will mean more good days and less days curled up in fetal position in my bed!
  4. Spending a week with my mom in Las Vegas while Niels is attending a conference.
  5. Getting back to the Netherlands to see my in-laws.
  6. Watching my baby sister, Liz, get married.
  7. Catching up with my best friends in April when all five of us are back in the same country, same state and same city!
  8. Adding a new four-footed family member this fall. I thought we would wait until D started school, but I don't think we can wait that long!
  9. Watching all the fun things my three-year-old will do and say and learn this year.
  10. Taking the brain power and energy I've been using for making decisions for the new house and channeling into building deeper friendships with women in town. 

No comments: