Thursday, July 9, 2009

+/-25 things about being 7 months old


by Daniel, with help from Mommy and Daddy

  1. I'm not exactly sure, but I think I'm over 17 pounds. I was 16 pounds, 12 ounces at my doctor's appointment on June 22.
  2. Everyone thinks I'm bigger, but I'm still holding to the 25% percentile for weight. The chubby cheeks throw everyone off!
  3. I am now 27" long. My doctor tells me that's the 70% percentile. I'm a tall, skinny guy... go figure!
  4. I still wear my 3-6 month clothes comfortably. Except for Gerber onesies...
  5. I now wear a size 3 diaper. I should be here for awhile!
  6. No teeth yet, but I can slobber with the best of them!
  7. I'm now an expert sitter-upper. I can lean all the way forward to kiss my toes or grab a toy and get back to a sitting position.
  8. I can stand up if Mommy or Daddy prop me up on something first. I've stood up against my exersaucer and in my pack-n-play.
  9. For that reason, I no longer need the insert in my pack-n-play and my crib will be lowered any day now.
  10. I can't crawl yet, but Mommy and Daddy think it will happen any day now (!). I can get up on all fours and rock back and forth. I can also scoot backwards.
  11. I'm now enjoying two meals a day. I get fruits for lunch and veggies for dinner. So far I've had rice cereal, oatmeal, pears, peaches, bananas, prunes, applesauce, green beans, squash, sweet potatoes, and peas. I like it all except the peas.
  12. Daddy turned 35 this month. Mommy and I took him to Red Robin! Yummy according to Mommy and Daddy!
  13. Daddy had his first father's day this month. I made him an art project with my feet!
  14. I'm showing much more personality. I love to laugh at my daddy, and I slap my hand on my leg when I really like something.
  15. Sometimes when I laugh, it sounds like I'm just panting really hard. It cracks my parents up.
  16. I took my longest trip ever! Ten days, six states, five different places to sleep, and countless new people.
  17. I had my first overnight without Mommy or Daddy. I stayed with Gramma Chi at my Uncle Chris & Aunt Kelly's cabin. Gramma said I was a good boy!
  18. I went on my first boat ride...also without Mommy and Daddy. I hear these grandparent people are good at spoiling.
  19. Oh...I had my first taste of chocolate cake. Guess who gave me that? Hint, NOT Mommy or Daddy!
  20. I had my first taste of Culvers custard. Guess who gave me that? Hint, NOT Gramma...
  21. Besides the pontoon ride I also went on a boat ride in my OWN little boat! Thanks Auntie Kelly!
  22. I had a great time re-connecting with my Aunties Carisa and Liz.
  23. While crossing the street at the Mall of America a Minnesota cabbie told me I'm cute... I guess 'Minnesota Nice' is real!
  24. Got to check-out a real radio station... Thanks, Uncle Ted!
  25. Saw lot's of fishies at the Minnesota Zoo
  26. Can't wait to show Mommy and Daddy what I can do when I'm 8 months... stay tuned!

No comments: