Friday, December 18, 2009

Holland: Day 2

The day started off quite early for Daniel. He woke up around midnight. Mommy and Daddy were fast asleep so Oma was spending some quality time with Daniel downstairs. I woke up around 1:30--my headache still hasn't let up--and found them when I grabbed some Tylenol. Oma assured me that they were fine and I went back to sleep. The next thing you know, it was 10am!

We enjoyed a leisurely morning. Daniel got more presents: a nice outfit from tante Ingrid and a 3D Winnie the Pooh poster from Oma & Opa. It was fun watching Daniel give the poster kisses!

Jan got out a DVD of some home movies from when Niels was a baby and young boy. Daniel is definitely his daddy's son!

In the afternoon, we drove to the next town over for some three generation pictures with the whole family. We all took turns entertaining Daniel.

After the pictures, we went to Albert Hijns, the closest thing to a super market in Holland. It's a national chain and pretty impressive, though still small by American standards. I love going to grocery stores (and bookstores) in different countries so we were there for quite awhile. I love seeing the different kinds of foods and they way things are packaged. Since I've been here before, nothing was a big surprise, but I still enjoy looking. We picked up some stroopwafel ice cream. Can't wait to try it!

Daniel is having a hard time with his naps. I'm sure the change of scenary and time difference have a lot to do with it, but hopefully he'll adjust soon!

Tonight is a quiet night at home. Tomorrow is the big anniversary party for Jan and Kitty. We'll have family here first and then a big dinner and bocce call-themed party at the bocce ball club in the evening. We're bring the pack and play there for Daniel--there's an office where we can set it up. Hopefully that will work!

No comments: