Wednesday, August 26, 2009

My little peanut is now a brute!

WOW! I took Daniel to the pediatrician this morning to find out if his sniffles are the result of teething or something else. It looks like he may have had a slight cold, but seems to be on the mend. What shocked both the doctor and I was his weight. I still think of Daniel as little, with the "failure to thrive" we struggled with when we first brought him home. He was at the 2-3rd percentile for several weeks, and we were so proud when he hit the 20th percentile at his 6 month appointment. Today he weighed 21 pounds, 8 ounces--75% percentile!!! Of course, this is still well within normal, but wow! The doctor isn't concerned. I told her what we feed him and she said that sounds good. But we have been given some ideas on how to cut out his night feeding. We've also been spreading out his bottles a little more. It'll be interesting to see where he is at his 9 month appointment in a few weeks...

No comments: