Monday, December 29, 2008

17 Months...

Today is Niels and I's 17 month anniversary. We took advantage of Oma and Opa being here to go out on our first real date since Daniel was born. We went to see the movie Marley & Me. We had been looking forward to the release of this movie for months, especially since I had read the book and Niels had listened to it. In many ways, the book relates well to our short marriage, and seeing the movie tonight was a great way to remember the highs and lows of our own history. I had forgotten about the miscarriage that the couple endured, and watching it unfold on the big screen reminded me of where we were emotionally when I read the book, recovering from our first miscarriage. It was beautifully portrayed and I was pretty much an emotional wreck for the rest of the movie. I'm always drawn to movies that portray the reality of marriage in a positive light and seeing this movie tonight with my husband on our anniversary reminded me again how blessed I am to have married such an amazing man. I'm grateful for his love, for the miracle of our new son, for my improving health, and yes, for the unbridled joy of our Bailey dog.

No comments: