Sunday, December 21, 2008

2007 v. 2008

Today was the first day that Niels, Daniel and I all attended church together. It was an emotional day in so many ways. First of all, we hadn't even been to church in weeks due to my bedrest. Our church family has been so wonderful, serving us with meals and cleaning. We were welcomed back and our little boy was oohed and ahhed over. As the service began, I thought of all God had brought us through in the last week, from fearing the end of my life to celebrating the beginning of Daniel's new life. And then, too, I couldn't ignore the fact that one year ago today, less than twenty-four hours before my in-laws arrived from Holland, we began grieving the loss of our second baby in three months. 

Holding my precious little boy and singing Christmas and worship songs, including my personal anthem, "How Great is Our God," our hearts are full of gratitude as we celebrate the birth of God's Son with our thirteen-day-old son.

No comments: