Thursday, February 5, 2009

Danny & Mommy

Since Daniel was born 8 weeks and 2 days ago, he's had roughly a thousand pictures taken of him. I know this because I've been trying to whittle down my 30 favorites so I can finally send a few Christmas gifts out. (And no, I'm not ten months early, just two months late...and counting!)

Since Daniel was born 8 weeks and 2 days ago, I'd had roughly 20 pictures taken of me with my son, and I think maybe all of them were taken while I was under the influence of some heavy duty happy pills. (Not to mention that my body was in a state of utter confusion). Even now that I'm drug free, my days with Daniel don't always allow time for such luxuries as a shower or getting out of my PJs. Let's just say I haven't been ready for my close-ups.

After a very vocal day yesterday, sweet Daniel tuckered himself out today. He slept in, took a nice nap in the afternoon, AND finally rewarded me with his first smile. It's been a good day. To commemorate, I showered, put on make up, did not put my hair in a pony tail and attempted to take some pictures of us. The smile continues to be illusive, however, here are some pictures of Danny and his mommy (and yes, mom, we're playing Gin 13...make sure to show Gramma!)







No comments: