Saturday, May 9, 2009

+/- 25 Things About Being 5 Months Old


+/- 25 Things About Being 5 Months Old
  1. I am growing...I am now 14 pounds, 8 ounces.
  2. I'm finally bigger than Bailey dog!
  3. I am now 25" long
  4. I fit my 3-6 month clothes comfortably, and most of my 0-3 outfits have been packed away. This made Mommy sad.
  5. I now wear a size 2 diaper.
  6. Mommy has given up all hope that I will bear any resemblance to her. This also made her sad.
  7. My newest trick is making screeching sounds. It's so fun!
  8. I also learned to roll over this month. I can do both the back to tummy and tummy to back, but I have conveniently forgotten how to go from tummy to back. Instead, I like to roll over onto my tummy and then cry til Mommy or Daddy come to "comfort" me. (I'm tricky!)
  9. Mommy introduced me to a new thing called a spoon. First she just let me play with. Now she puts a little milk on it every night and lets me drink it. I'm getting better and get more of it than my bib now. We're going to start something called cereal in a few days.
  10. Mommy is still exclusively pumping. I get a little frustrated when she can't play with me when she is pumping, but I sure love that yummy milk.
  11. I'm smiling more often now. I usually save my biggest smile for after I make a big mess in my diaper. (After all, I am a boy!)
  12. I got three new toys this month! I play in my jumperoo during the day. It's sort of like my exersaucer, but I can jump and bounce in it...at least I will be able to do it by myself once my legs get a little longer! For now, Mommy or Daddy bounce me. I LOVE it!
  13. I also got a play mat with some toys hanging down in an arch to tantalize me. It's given me lots of practice reaching and stretching. I like when I grab a ring and pull the whole thing down so I can stick the ring in my mouth.
  14. Yesterday I got a new toy for my crib. It's the Ocean Wonders Aquarium. It has a big fish that swims in the water, and there's bubbles and everything. I like to talk to "Vissy" at bedtime. Oh and it plays sleepy night time music too.
  15. Speaking of fishes, I saw lots of fishes at the zoo. I also saw zebras, giraffes, rhinosauruses, apes, and lots of other things. But I liked the fishes the best. I could watch them for hours!
  16. I love hands and feet. I love to hold Mommy and Daddy's hands. I love to play with my own feet.
  17. My bald spot is almost gone! Still not sure what color hair I'm going to end up with yet, but at least it's not bald!
  18. I got my American passport and am ready to travel. Mommy and Daddy are taking me to Michigan, Wisconsin and Minnesota at the end of June, to Arizona in November, and The Netherlands in December. They are also planning a trip to Virginia sometime this fall...
  19. I now have all my paperwork and photos for my Dutch passport. We have an appointment with the Dutch consulate on Monday for the next step.
  20. I'm turning into a Daddy's boy now. I sometimes drive Mommy nuts with that... Daddy leaves, I cry. Mommy - and yes, I still love you - tries to calm me down, but not much works. Daddy comes home and... I smile!
  21. I celebrated my first Easter. We went to church and then had spend the afternoon with our friends, the Lipford. When we got home Mommy got violently ill. Mastitis again. Poor mommy, what she goes through to make my milk.
  22. I joined the church nursery this month. So far, so good. Everyone thinks I'm so cute so they let me nap in their arms. The first time I woke up a little scared and cried for my Mommy, but the second time I was just find. (There's an aquarium in there. I LOVE fishes!)
  23. Mommy and Daddy both got the flu this month. But I didn't!
  24. Mommy was a little camera happy this month. She did an outdoor photo shoot, a safari photo shoot with my elephant, and a purple photo shoot with a fluffy, fuzzy purple blanket.
  25. I celebrated my first Koninginnedag (Queensday). But something sad happened that day in Holland.
  26. I don't like to pose for pictures anymore. I'm too busy finding out all sorts of new things.
  27. ... more could be added when Mommy's brain kicks in... ;-)

No comments: