Friday, May 1, 2009

Thinking about Mom and Mother's Day

I came across this article in Real Simple magazine about 10 questions to ask your mom. I sent it to my mom because I'd be really interested to know the answers. Mom and I haven't always had the greatest relationship, but I'm very proud of where we are today. She was a godsend when Daniel was born. She decorated our house for Christmas, made tons of food to keep my husband fed (no small task!), cleaned and did laundry, and when Daniel and I came home, she showered us all with love. As soon as we knew we were expecting Daniel, I knew I needed my mommy to be there with me, and I'm so grateful she was.

The 10 questions are:
  1. What's the one thing you would have done differently as a mom?
  2. Why did you choose to be with my father?
  3. In what ways do you think I'm like you? Not like you?
  4. Which one of us kids did you like the best? (The author has an interesting comment about this question!)
  5. Is there anything you've always wanted to tell me but never have?
  6. Do you think it's easier or harder to be a mother now than when you were raising our family?
  7. Is there anything you regret not having asked your parents?
  8. What's the best thing I can do for you right now?
  9. Is there anything you wish had been different between us--or that you would still like to change?
  10. When did you realize you were no longer a child?

1 comment:

jens mom said...

And that came from REAL SIMPLE magazine???? Those are NOT real simple questions...would strain my old brain to come up with the answers!!!!!