Monday, April 13, 2009

Daniel's first Easter

Yesterday was a crazy day for the de Jong household. First of all, it was Easter, the most important day in the Christian calendar. For us, Easter season is also a happy time because it was on Easter weekend last year that we learned Daniel was in the oven. Our original plans were to go to Canada this weekend, but by Thursday night, our plans changed and we looked forward to a quiet weekend at home.

Even though it's Daniel's first Easter, we didn't make a big deal out of it. We'll wait til next year when he's a little older. Instead, we put him in one of his cute outfits and headed off of to church. Our church had a very thought-provoking set up for Good Friday, kind of a modern stations of the cross. We had Daniel in the Baby Bjorn and he was so good. For Easter, he was a little more fussy, but after a bottle from Daddy, he was ready to take in the sights. He's becoming much more aware of his surroundings, and is especially interested in video, which our church likes to use.

After church we hung at home for a little while before heading to some friends' house for dinner. We were thinking all our friends and family around the world and gave Daniel a little geography lesson:

Gelukkige Pasen, Oma & Opa!
Fu Hua Jie Kuai Le, Kennedys!
Happy Easter, Gramma Chi...
...And Grampa Elmer...
...and Canadians!


Around 1, we left for the Lipfords and had a fun, enjoying meal with really delicious ham! Daniel wasn't feeling the camera so unfortunately, we didn't get any great pictures of him.

When we got home, I started to feel a little sick, so I went for a nap in the China room. I was freezing so I kept adding covers until I had a sheet, 2 blankets, comforter and 2 duvets. And still my teeth were chattering. I was taking my temperature every 20 minutes until it hit 100.7. Niels gave me some Tylenol and I was able to sleep a little. I was afraid I was coming down with mastitis again. By about 9pm, the fever broke and I started feeling much better. This morning, my temp is normal and milk production is improving so I'm hoping I had my own Easter miracle.

Such is another crazy day in the de Jong house.

No comments: