Thursday, April 9, 2009

4 Months Old!


+/- 25 Things About Being 4 Months Old
by Daniel, with help from Mommy
  1. I am small...13 pounds, 1 ounce. That's up to the 25th percentile, up from the 10th percentile! Mommy's been working hard to make good milk for me!
  2. I am now 24.75" long...right at the 50%th percentile.
  3. I am growing into my 3-6 month clothes, but still fit quite a few of my 0-3 outfits.
  4. I still wear size 1 diapers, but will be making the big move to 2's when I work through this last box. Mommy says maybe in a week or so.
  5. It’s still pretty unanimous that I still look just like Daddy, but my nice new friends in Michigan say they can see a little bit of Mommy, too.
  6. My newest trick is holding my own bottle. You can see my talent in the picture above. I can't hold it right away, but toward the end of the bottle I can do it and I'm very proud of myself!
  7. I may not be able to handle a full bottle, but I'm still strong. I love to stand and can almost hold myself up. I just need a little help from Mommy or Daddy to balance me.
  8. I also like to sit up. I can almost do it myself, but need a little pillow or parent support to stay up. (I am still a little head heavy).
  9. I love to smile now. Daddy especially cracks me up.
  10. I've started to laugh. Usually a couple times a day. Mommy says it's contagious. She tries to get it on camera, but I'm elusive!
  11. I think Dutch is more interesting than English. When Daddy speaks Dutch, I love to try to say the words back. I'm getting good at the Dutch "g" sound. Mommy wonders if my first word will be graag gedaan (thank you), but she's hoping for Mommy.
  12. Mommy's still ahead of me in the "learn Dutch" race. This month we're learning body parts.
  13. I still don't like tummy time, but Mommy makes me to do it anyway so my head doesn't get flat.
  14. I celebrated my first St. Patrick's day. One of the first things mommy bought me when she found out she was expecting me was a St. Paddy's day bib because although I'm mostly Dutch, I'm also a wee bit o' Irish.
  15. I went to my first wedding on March 28. Miss Marcie is now Mrs. Johnson. I looked quite dashing in my suit (the same one I wore to my dedication when I was 10 days old!)
  16. I visited a Dutch store in Grand Rapids. I can't wait to visit the real thing in December. I miss you Oma and Opa! I can't wait to meet you, Tante Ingrid!
  17. The Dutch store is in Michigan, where Mommy used to live. There are lots of Dutch people there. (Why are we in Ohio?). Auntie Jen VV hosted a party for me and I got to meet all sorts of nice people and came away with many nice new outfits and toys. Thank you, nice Michigan people!
  18. Mommy gave me a gift too, my first upper respiratory infection. I didn't like that gift quite so much! I had to go to the doctor and have a breathing treatment. Even though the mask looked like a dinosaur, I was not a fan! I got some other meds at home and am on the mend.
  19. Even when I'm sick, I'm adorable (say my parents). I always cough three times, then sigh, like this cough, cough, cough, sighhhhhh.
  20. Because of my cold, I decided to stop sleeping through the night (after 8 weeks). I love my parents so much I want to see them at all hours of the night. They are hoping I will start missing them only during the day again.
  21. Daddy took the boppy out of my crib so I have more room to kick my feet and chew on my hands at night.
  22. Grampa Elmer, his wife, Carole, and Auntie Liz came to visit on March 20. Grampa had a lot of hats!
  23. Mommy and I postponed the swim class til next session when we're both feeling better. Besides, my swim thingie is way too big!
  24. I heard a rumor that sometimes it's warm outside. I got some new sunglasses in preparation. I feel really cool in them.
  25. I had my first meal outside. We finally had a nice day. We all sat on the porch for dinner.
  26. I went for my first hike. We went to Cuyahoga Falls Metro Park. We walked 3 miles along the trees and river and I saw a waterfall. Actually, I just hung out while Daddy walked with me in my new Baby Bjorn.
  27. The Baby Bjorn was one of Mommy's big finds at the Big Bad Baby Sale. She also got me some new clothes and an exersaucer.
  28. I love the exersaucer! Such freedom! Such independence! I can spin! I can stand! I can push buttons and make sounds!
  29. Speaking of independence, I also spent 6 hours away from my parents when I was in Michigan. It's the longest we've ever been apart, but it was okay because I was with Grandma Sandy, Grandpa Caleb, and Auntie Beth. I LOVE them. Too bad they live so far away. I hear there's an empty condo next door...
  30. Some of mommy and daddy's friends gave me some things too. Now I have a swing and exersaucer on both the main level and the basement. I live in luxury and live is good.
  31. I love when people comment on these posts!

No comments: